The Spruce (Picea Abies), the traditional Christmas tree, is widespread in mountain areas.
Since Hippocrates’s time, resin has been used to treat lung diseases, flu, and colds. Relieves lung congestion and expands breathing by opening the lower lungs. Suitable for smokers.
It is used against arthritis, muscle pain, rheumatism, and chronic fatigue syndrome. The Spruce increases courage and self-confidence.
Thanks to its purifying effect, it is recommended for use in environments with stagnant or smoky air.
The Psycho-Aromatherapy effect of Spruce essential oil is particularly effective in situations of stress, fatigue, and anxiety. It helps to maintain contact with reality by introducing a calm and reflective attitude.
Spruce has a wonderful scent, we also offer it as a cocktail finish in our Essentia line.
- Room diffuser: to choose between 3 and 6 drops in 100 ml. of water.
- Fumigations: 3/4 drops of essential oil emulsified in coarse salt in 1 liter of hot water for 20 minutes. Keep eyes and mouth closed.
- Bathtub: 8/10 drops of essential oil emulsified in coarse salt, milk, cream, or honey in hot water (to prevent the oil from evaporating due to the heat).
- Massages: we recommend diluting 2/3 drops of essential oil in a tablespoon of carrier oil.
- Cocktail: This essential oil also goes very well in some cocktails, it gives the essence of wood without the smoky part, recommended for important whiskeys.
Warnings: Do not use in case of chronic diseases, pregnant and breastfeeding. Do not use on children under 6 years of age. In some people it can cause skin irritation. All informations and suggested uses are taken from aromatherapy manuals. If in doubt, consult a doctor / naturopath