Starting from Bergamot Essential Oil (Citrus Bergamia), in the eighteenth century, Giovanni Paolo Feminis created Aqua Mirabilis, the basis of the subsequent Cologne Water.
In Naturopathy it can be applied for skin problems, from psoriasis to acne, eczema, cold sores. It is recommended by Naturopaths in case of lung infections and laryngitis. Thanks to its antiseptic properties and its fresh scent can be a valid help in case of halitosis.
Naturopaths recommend using it, conveniently diluted (10 drops in 100ml of neutral intimate soap), in washes against itching caused by candida, cystitis and hemorrhoids.
Excellent friend in the kitchen like all citrus fruits. Its fresh, sweet, and slightly spicy scent makes it ideal for giving a special touch to any dish, also excellent for making your own liqueurs at home, also try it in the Essentia spray version, here you will find a recipe for fragrant Madeleines.
Bergamot essential oil is an effective antidepressant capable of restoring a good mood and a healthy detachment from difficulties. Try diluting 10/12 drops in coarse salt to add to your bathtub and you will feel relieved and joyful.
- Room diffuser: to choose between 3 and 6 drops in 100 ml. of water.
- Bathtub: 8/10 drops of essential oil emulsified in coarse salt, milk, cream, or honey to put in hot water (to prevent the oil from evaporating due to the heat).
- Massages: we recommend diluting 3/5 drops of essential oil in a tablespoon of carrier oil.
- Cosmetic use: add 3/5 drops of essential oil to a spoonful of natural-based moisturizer.
- Food use: we recommend 1/2 drops every 100 gr. of food to be flavored to be flavoured and added at the end of cooking (we suggest to always start with the lowest recommended dose to possibly increase the drops in the future)
Warnings: Do not use in case of chronic diseases, pregnant and breastfeeding. If in doubt, consult a doctor / naturopath. This essential oil can sensitize you to sunlight, be careful