The Essential Oil of Bitter Orange (citrus aurantium) expresses and inspires vitality, gradually dissolving tensions. It has more or less the same functions as Sweet Orange but is more incisive.
The Ministry of Health recognizes its digestive functions and the regulating effect of intestinal transit, also eliminating the air.
In Aromatherapy, take a few drops dissolved in a spoonful of honey as a febrifuge or to calm headaches.
Smelled or spread in the air, it is useful for dealing with insomnia and dissolving tensions, it purifies the air as it destroys toxins.
It is suggested by aromatherapists for oral cavity rinsing in the presence of canker sores, stomatitis, and gingivitis; it purifies the lymphatic system and is a tonic for blood circulation. Applied with a carrier oil or a cream on the affected area helps to reduce cellulite. If diluted, it counteracts acne, remember that citrus fruits are generally photosensitive so do not expose yourself to the sun during application.
Bitter Orange essential oil is recommended in aromatherapy as an abdominal antispasmodic and to help in case of abdominal cramps; aperitif and digestive; useful in case of constipation.
An excellent friend in the kitchen, we also offer bitter orange essential oil in its Essentia spray version and in the Essentia Blend Bitter Orange and Cinnamon. On our site you will find recipes such as Cocoa Pudding, Deer Stracotto and Sea Bass Sashimi, moreover it is an oil often present in the recipes of our Dipinto flavored oil.
In psycho-aromatherapy it is considered an essential oil useful against anxiety and anti-stress.
- Room diffuser: to choose between 3 and 6 drops in 100 ml. of water.
- Bathtub: 8/10 drops of essential oil emulsified in coarse salt, milk, cream or honey in hot water (to prevent the oil from evaporating due to the heat).
- Massages: we recommend diluting 3/5 drops of essential oil in a tablespoon of carrier oil.
- Cosmetic use: add 3/5 drops of essential oil to a spoonful of natural-based moisturizer.
- Food use: we recommend 3/4 drops every 100 gr. of food to be flavored to be flavoured and added at the end of cooking (we suggest to always start with the lowest recommended dose to possibly increase the drops in the future). This essential oil also goes very well in some cocktails.
- Mouth: 2 drops in a glass of water
Warnings: Do not use in case of chronic diseases, pregnant and breastfeeding. If in doubt, consult a doctor / naturopath. This essential oil can sensitize you to sunlight, be careful.