Sweet Orange Essential Oil (citrus sinensis) is traditionally associated with the sun; it expresses and inspires vitality, gradually dissolving tensions, it promotes sociality.
According to the Ministry of Health, it has a digestive function and helps eliminate air from the intestine.
Aromatherapists suggest taking a few drops dissolved in a spoonful of honey as a febrifuge and to calm headaches.
Aromatherapists suggest its diffusion in the air to deal with insomnia as it has been observed that it can stimulate the pineal gland, responsible for the production of melatonin that regulates the relationship between sleep and wakefulness, to dissolve tensions and purify the air as it destroys toxins such as Bitter Orange essential oil.
Naturopaths consider it perfect for oral cavity rinsing in the presence of canker sores, stomatitis, and gingivitis. It can also be used to purify the lymphatic system and as a tonic for blood circulation. It is used as an ingredient in remedies to decrease cellulite and to combat acne. Remember that citrus fruits are generally photosensitive so do not expose yourself to the sun during application.
For aromatherapists, Sweet Orange is an abdominal antispasmodic and can help in case of abdominal cramps; it eases gastric or stool secretions, digestive, useful in case of constipation.
An excellent friend in the kitchen, Sweet orange essential oil is perfect for flavoring EVO oil or butter, syrups, fruit juices and spirits, try it to make your liqueurs or in pastry, also very useful for fish and vegetable dishes.
In psycho-aromatherapy it is considered an essential oil useful against anxiety and anti-stress.
- Room diffuser: to choose between 3 and 6 drops in 100 ml. of water.
- Bathtub: 8/10 drops of essential oil emulsified in coarse salt, milk, cream or honey in hot water (to prevent the oil from evaporating due to the heat).
- Massages: we recommend diluting 3/5 drops of essential oil in a tablespoon of carrier oil.
- Food use: we recommend 3/4 drops every 100 gr. of food to be flavored to be flavoured and added at the end of cooking (we suggest to always start with the lowest recommended dose to possibly increase the drops in the future). This essential oil also goes very well in some cocktails.
- Oral cavity: a few drops in a glass of water
Warnings: Do not use in case of chronic diseases, pregnant and breastfeeding. If in doubt, consult a doctor / naturopath. This essential oil can sensitize you to sunlight, be careful.
There are no reviews yet.